duct heating and cooling maintenance
Dirt, dust mites, and mold are kept out of your home’s air by having clean air ducts. When you turn on a polluted or clogged heating and cooling system, these potentially dangerous particles are released into the air you breathe, lowering indoor air quality. How can you determine whether your air ducts need to be cleaned? For the effective maintenance of air duct heating and cooling systems in Melbourne, continue reading.
Check with your local HVAC specialist to see if your ducts have any visible mold, excessive dust, and debris, or if there has been a recent rodent or insect infestation.
Keep your ducts clean by following good housekeeping practices.
- Replace the filters in your furnace and air conditioner on a regular basis.
- Double-check that you’re using the correct air filters for your machine.
- Make sure your HVAC system is well-maintained and efficient.
- Vacuum and dust your home on a regular basis. Because vacuuming can increase the quantity of dust in the air, it’s recommended to invest in a HEPA vacuum cleaner.
- During house renovations or construction, shut off the supply and return registers.
- Keep your humidifier in good working order to avoid mold in your house.
- Repair any leaks or water damage as soon as possible.
- Invest in an Air Cleaner to limit the amount of dust traveling about your house by making sure ducts are properly sealed and insulated in attics and crawl spaces. Air purifiers capture 98 percent of visible dust and irritating particles, as well as 97 percent of pollen in the air. The filters, which are attached to your furnace, remove debris through the blower fan and restore clean air to your home’s rooms.
When you start having problems with your HVAC heating and cooling system, you’re probably thinking if it’s an emergency repair or not. The fact is that you must first comprehend the many forms of issues that your system may encounter in order to determine whether or not a certain circumstance is an emergency.
Your heating and cooling system isn’t working properly.
When the temperature drops below freezing, the cold may rapidly make you feel uneasy. When you don’t have enough heat in your house to keep you comfortable, it may be a major issue. If you can’t remain warm without your house heater, you should seek emergency heating repair services. Sometimes it just need is Duct Cleaning services and nothing much.
Concerns about safety
Apart from your HVAC heating and cooling system failing to function during periods of excessive heat, it’s critical to contact an emergency HVAC repair provider if there are any safety issues. Smoke or sparks originating from your system are a common illustration of a safety hazard. Furthermore, any leaking gas or refrigerant is harmful and necessitates contacting an HVAC specialist right once.
What Doesn’t Necessitate a Repair Call in an Emergency?
It’s not always necessary to call for emergency assistance if your HVAC system stops operating or starts producing strange noises. It’s better to wait until normal business hours to receive aid if the temperature outside is mild and you can comfortably keep chilly or warm in your house, depending on the season. Other services that don’t need an emergency reaction are:
- Requests for installation
- Performing routine maintenance
- Cleaning the air filter
- Due to a local power loss, the system has failed.
- Before Calling, Use This Checklist
If you’re still not convinced that your situation necessitates immediate attention, try the following strategies:
- Examine your thermostat to see whether the heating or cooling system is switched off.
- Replace the batteries in your thermostat and reset the circuit breaker for your HVAC system if it’s not working.
- If your air conditioning system has ice accumulation, consider running it in fan mode for an hour or two to melt the ice.
Air duct cleaning isn’t something you should do every year, but it may be necessary after a while, especially if you have pets, smoke, have sensitive allergies, have respiratory issues, or live in a humid area.
To clean air duct systems, Hilux Heating & Cooling Melbourne uses a specialized brush cleaning technique. To remove any dirt stuck to the surface, this “source removal” cleaning procedure employs strong vacuums and brushes.
If you suspect you might need your ducts cleaned or are concerned about your indoor air quality, give us a call.